The national programme of a Member State may exclude the estimation of the stock related variables for stocks for which TACs and quota have been defined under the following conditions:
- The relevant quota must correspond to less than 10 % of the Community share of the TAC or to less than 200 tonnes on average during the previous three years (point 1.a.);
- The sum of relevant quotas of Member States whose allocation is less than 10 %, must account for less than 25 % of the Community share of the TAC (point 1.b.).
- If the condition set out in above point 1(a) is fulfilled, but not the condition set out in point 1(b), the relevant Member States may set up a coordinated programme to achieve, for their joint landings, a joint sampling scheme, or Member States may individually set up other national sampling schemes leading to the same precision.
- If appropriate, the national programmes may be adjusted until 1 February of each year to take into account the exchange of quotas between Member States.
- For stocks for which TACs and quotas have not been defined and which are outside the Mediterranean Sea, the same rules established under point 5(1) (it corresponds to this web page) apply on the basis of the average landings of the previous three years and with reference to the total Community landings from a stock.
- For stocks in the Mediterranean Sea, the landings by weight of a Mediterranean Member State for a species corresponding to less than 10 % of the total Community landings from the Mediterranean Sea, or to less than 200 tonnes, except for Bluefin tuna.